A Note From Your CMSA President
Well, I don’t know whether to say we are in fall or winter but Happy November. I hope everyone is getting ready to share Thanksgiving with love ones. Because our monthly lunch and learn is so close to Thanksgiving we are cancelling November’s meeting and then December is not scheduled due to Christmas. So we will see you in January 2019. If you are interested in presenting and or providing food for our 2019 calendar, please contact Elizabeth McAllister email@example.com.
I want to thank everyone that supports CMSA and our chapter. We have loyal sponsors that assist with our ability to present to you monthly opportunities for learning and networking. We would love for more companies to join us and more individuals to apply for membership.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years and we will see you in January 16,2019.
Kathern Demicell, RNCCM
President of CMSA Middle Tennessee Chapter
We have cancelled our November meeting due to it being so close to Thanksgiving!
RECIPE OF THE MONTH
Sweet Potato Casserole
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar (I buy organic)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 TBSP melted unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup milk (any milk will do, I've used dairy-free)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3-4 sweet potatoes (peeled, then cooked or baked)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 cup coconut shavings/flakes
- 1 cup chopped pecans (I chop them in a food processor)
- 7 TBSP melted butter
- Boil (or bake) sweet potatoes until they feel soft when poked with a fork.
- Mix all casserole ingredients together in a blender (or food processor) and pour into a 9x13 casserole dish.
- Mix topping ingredients together until mixture becomes crumbly, then spread over sweet potato mixture.
- Bake at 350F for 35-45 minutes, uncovered (until topping is golden brown. I start at 35 and go up from there).
By Lauren McBride